How We Use Your Information
- We will use your information in order to comply with your requests, correspond with you, and process any wine orders you make with us.
- Where we rely on your consent, such as to send you marketing emails, you can withdraw this consent at any timee.
Information Collection and Use
Aabalat is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Aabalat Fine & Rare Wines collects information from our users at several different points on our Aabalat Fine & Rare Wines website. This may include:
- when you transact with us online, over the phone, or in person;
- when you visit and/or register to use one of our websites or when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website; or
- when you contact us to request information or support in relation to our company, products, or services.
Please do not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction where you live or if you do not agree to the terms in this policy.
You may, from time to time, receive information from us about new features, new services and special offers we think you'll find valuable. We won't share your email address with other companies. If you'd like to opt-out of receiving future mailings from Aabalat, simply opt out at the bottom of the next newsletter you receive using "Safe Unsubscribe."
In order to use this web site, you must first complete the registration form and/or create a user name and password. During registration you are required to give contact information (such as name and email address). We use this information to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest.
We request information from the user on our order form. Here a user must provide contact information (such as name, email and shipping address) and financial information (credit card number, expiration date, billing address and billing phone number). This information is used for billing purposes, verifying the cardholder, preventing fraud, and filling customers' orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
We collect contact information for gift recipients in order to ensure correct gift delivery. We do not sell or rent any contact information for gift recipients, but they may, from time to time, receive information from us about new features, new services and special offers that we think they will find valuable. We always allow gift recipients to opt-out of receiving future mailings.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the end-user's hard drive containing information that relates directly to the end-user's visit to our website. Any information placed in the cookie is accessible only to Aabalat and will not be sold or shared with anyone else under any circumstances. We use a cookie to store a unique session identifier and this allows us to maintain your shopping cart and state selection from one page request to the next. We are also able to maintain your session information from one visit to the next. By setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to log in more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still browse our website. Unfortunately, the user experience may be greatly diminished. The information we collect in cookies includes:
- technical information such as your computer's IP address, hardware type, browser type, device identifier, and screen type/resolution;
- any search terms entered on our website;
- general location data based on your device or IP address;
- any technical errors or exceptions; and
- information about your visit,, such as the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit, page load speed, and the pages that you visited.
We use the following categories of tracking technologies on our website:
- Performance related tracking technology - these technologies collect anonymous information on how people use our website. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how users arrive at our website, browse or use our website and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, interface experience and marketing campaigns. the data stored by these technologies never shows personal information from which your individual identity can be established.
- Targeting or advertising related tracking technology – these technologies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These technologies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the sites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies such as Facebook, Quantcast and Google to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites and social networks.
- Social Media related tracking technologies - these technologies allow you to share content from our websites on social media such as Facebook and Twitter, or use your login to these social networks to verify your age when visiting our websites. These technologies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their technologies work.
- Commerce related technologies – these technologies are essential in order to enable a functional online shopping experience across our websites, stores and payment/checkout. They keep track of what products and quantities are in your shopping cart, your membership level, your country / state (if applicable for tax or shipping compliance reasons) and any coupons or discounts you are utilising.
This website contains links to other websites. Aabalat is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. If at any time you should wish to unsubscribe, simply opt out at the bottom of the next newsletter you receive using "Safe Unsubscribe."
We will not use your information to carry out electronic marketing unless we have your consent.
We also use the information we collect from you directly or when you use our website as required to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate business interests, by:
- administering our website and to trying and keep our website safe and secure;
- helping us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes so as to improve our websites and the services we offer;
- sending you relevant direct marketing, where we do not need your consent;
- providing products and services you have requested, and responding to any comments or complaints you send us;
- verifying that you are of legal drinking age in your jurisdiction (if applicable); and
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
When our order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected. We utilize reasonable precautions and an up-to-date SSL certificate to keep the personal information disclosed to us secure. However, Aabalat is not responsible for any breach of security.
We take appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. We have implemented appropriate physical and electronic procedures to protect the personal information we collect. If you have an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details including your password, and are responsible for any activity under your account. We will not be responsible for any loss arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
Due to its nature, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal data in accordance with this policy, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our websites and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Where we process registration information, we retain this for as long as we consider that you are an active user of our sites and for 2 years after this.
Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the information until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your information indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal information in connection with performing a contract (such as when you purchase wine from us) or for a competition, we keep the information for 10 years from your last interaction with us.
Where we process personal information for site security and/or fraud management purposes, we retain it for 3 years.
Where we process personal information in Google Analytics, we retain it for 50 months.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- with your consent;
- where we are required or authorised by law to do so, for example to law enforcement agencies;
- where third parties appointed by us require access to personal information held by us to perform services (in which case we require these third parties to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services). The types of third parties we may transfer information to include vendors, service providers, agencies and other partners who globally support our business and help us administer certain activities on our behalf, such as providing technical infrastructure services, marketing services, customer service, data hosting and management services, processing credit card payments services for us, and providing logistics and delivery services to help us deliver our products and services; or
- to our related companies in order to operate our global business and in accordance with the law.
We may also transfer personal information to a related company or a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
Our websites sometimes contain links to other websites. With the exception of other sites owned by us, we do not control the privacy practices of sites reached through links from our websites. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of those websites then you should contact the relevant companies directly.
Your Rights In Relation to Your Information
You are entitled to ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, including to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal information. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may also entitle you ask us to transmit your data to another controller where the processing is based on your consent carried out by automated means, or entitle you to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the information for direct marketing or profiling). However these rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, wish to exercise your rights in relation to data protection or you wish to make a complaint in relation to our privacy practices, please contact us at 707-781-0619 or email@example.com. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority at any time.